Saturday, February 22, 2014

CD3

11:05 AM

I've been reading a lot about other fertility treatment experiences, and I can't help but think this first go is going to be unsuccessful. I'm only on 50 mg of Clomid and my cycle has been really strange. I started spotting on the 14th and continued to spot on and off for 4 days. On day 4 I had blood work done and the results were similar to what my day 3 should be, so the doctor said to start Clomid on day 5. Everyone kept referring to this as a random start ... which no one took the time to explain, so I will be asking questions. 

I'm also currently taking 2000 mg of Metformin which I believe has helped me finally get a cycle on my own. It's been almost 2 years since I've had a bleed without Provera. However, it looks like because this last bleed was weird, I'll probably still have to take it to induce my AF. I start my cycle monitoring on 2/27, so we'll see if anything has responded. I'm cautiously optimistic about the results. I'm trying really hard not to get too excited :S

The u/s technician also said that my lining looks like I have polyps. I was aware that this could happen, but it's one more thing that I am worried about. 

I also read on another blog that 200 mg of Clomid was suggested, but my doctor said that 150 mg was as high as I would go. Has anyone had success with a dosage higher than 150 mg? I'm curious because I'm hesitant to start injections. 

Right now I feel like I need to reassess my thinking and focus on some other activities otherwise this is going to quickly consume my thoughts. 

I will continue to update any changes that I may observe over the next few days before the monitoring starts. So far nothing to note. 

No comments: